Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Problem maintaining an erection during intercourse
An_246780 posted:
I recently began into a relationship and since then we have begun becoming physically intimate. However during foreplay and other acts I can maintain an erection and sometimes even get close to orgasm, but when we actually try to have sex and I enter her vagina I almost immediately lose the erection and am unable to continue. I've tried Prelox but no luck with that. Any suggestions on a solution for this problem?

nohard responded:
Yes, look have a look at the need help post and the reply, and just follow the instuctions for my post, it may be just what you are looking for.
Good Luck

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
It may be a function of contact and stimulation, so suggest look at different positions. It could also be from stress, fatigue, guilt, anxiety, fear or actually anything that distracts your brain can kill erections - yes even during sex. Look at distractors and try to eliminate these.

floridamenshealthcenter replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
For any and all information please take a look at our site and live chat with our experts. http://www.floridamenshealth.com

Helpful Tips

Radiation 30 Years Later
Not one of the five physicians who recommended radiation to treat my prostate cancer warned me that decades later it could result in ED. Be ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.