Skip to content
Penile Implant .. what's the real story ??
UTprospect posted:
Hi ,to the community I have had a prostatectomy and penile implant is prescribed.. can any of you please share your good and bad experiences and research?? Please provide the unfiltered opinions.

I am interested in end user testimonials both good and bad and from both wives and husbands. I have had plenty of info from Doctors but I am a bit sceptical of Doctors info as my urologists said that I had 90% that I would have full recovery and now I need an implant!!

ginkocowboy responded:
I am 71 years old. Ten years ago I had an implant and it worked great no problems what so ever. I had a great surgeon who traine other Urologists how to ppeform the procedure correctly. After 10 years of hard use it finally gave out. I am in the process of getting another implant. The key to a successful implant lies with the doctor who performs the surgery. Also, make sure you get the model for your diagnosis. I would recommend this procedure to any man who has ED. It sure made my wife who is 22 years younger than Is a lot happier too.

Go FOR IT!

Rememer find a doctor who does at least 10 or more implants a year.

Good Luck,

Dennis

skipworth replied to ginkocowboy's response:
hi ginkocowboy ive been to see the surgoen at my local hospital who want to perform and implant op on me ive suffered from ed for about 2 year now after i had a stroke im 43 years old so still quite young the problem is im very scared of this operation and the pain afterward could you plz tell me what it feels like after the op and how painfull is it plz

David_Johns responded:
I have an inflatable penile implant that was inserted in 2002, and my wife and I couldn't be happier with it. It is completely hidden, always works (since it's mechanical my erections are not affected by stress, etc.), and my wife says it feels natural to her. I am happy to talk with other men about this subject, and my wife is happy to talk with other women as well.

fang01 replied to ginkocowboy's response:
I would like to know a ballpark figure on this surgery.

bberry2552 replied to skipworth's response:
I have had the implant for three years. I have been very pleased with my results. After surgery I was not in as much pain as I had thought. I didn't fill the Rx for pain and just took Motrin, The first time I urinated was painful but it did get better with time. For me 3 weeks after surgery things were not comfortable. My Dr aisd not to attempt to use the pump for one month after surgery. I was disappointed with the size of things after surgery but I'm not married to a size queen. It works Great. I fell in Jan 2012 and had to have an additional surgery to put the resevoir back in place but I think all of the pain was worth it in the long run.

2448chevy responded:
I had an implant about 2 years ago. The pain was a lot for the first week, but after that it has been a great thing. There is now spontonaity and not having to wait to get the external pump ready to use and it is ready to use at any time. It seems very natural and my wife says it feels very natural to her. There is a little loss of length, but considering the results, I beleive it is well worth the effort to get the implant.

Helpful Tips

response
Have you discussed pregnancy ? is it possible that subconciously he might be holding back ejaculation for fear of getting you pregnant? My ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.