Low T
Keithg67 posted:
I am 31 turning 32 in a few months I was just diagnosed with low testosterone. my blood work was tested for several things including thyroid all was normal but my testosterone level was 270. I know normal is from 200 to 1000 mine is very low.

I am being prescribed androgel 1% in pump form. My main question is one I have my concerns not with taking the medication but weather or not this is going to be enough to correct the issue.

I have looked at the medication and they have 2 doses the 1% and a higher one since my levels are so low wouldnt the higher dose be right for me?

Is this something I would be on for the rest of my life? Or will this boost my ability to naturally produce testosterone?

Last Question is I have small children 2 boys and 2 girls i have heard that the gel could potentially get on them and cause adverse affects. So is there a better option for me?

I have asked my Dr. all of these questions but he didnt really answer them as well as i would have liked and has told me that in one months he wants to check my levels again after i start the medication. So I assume that he will be checking to see if the medication is working.

Anyone with information I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Keith

Keithg67 responded:
I did have one other question and that is I also have severe mood swings I was told that it could be due to the low T. I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue and was it corrected with the medication to boost your testosterone?

(A little info about me) I work out regularly plus work hard at work in sun most of the time. I am active with my kids but the last several weeks Ive not been working out and not as active due to being extremely tired.

Keithg67 replied to Keithg67's response:
any help?