Skip to content
Low T
Keithg67 posted:
I am 31 turning 32 in a few months I was just diagnosed with low testosterone. my blood work was tested for several things including thyroid all was normal but my testosterone level was 270. I know normal is from 200 to 1000 mine is very low.

I am being prescribed androgel 1% in pump form. My main question is one I have my concerns not with taking the medication but weather or not this is going to be enough to correct the issue.

I have looked at the medication and they have 2 doses the 1% and a higher one since my levels are so low wouldnt the higher dose be right for me?

Is this something I would be on for the rest of my life? Or will this boost my ability to naturally produce testosterone?

Last Question is I have small children 2 boys and 2 girls i have heard that the gel could potentially get on them and cause adverse affects. So is there a better option for me?

I have asked my Dr. all of these questions but he didnt really answer them as well as i would have liked and has told me that in one months he wants to check my levels again after i start the medication. So I assume that he will be checking to see if the medication is working.

Anyone with information I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Keith

Keithg67 responded:
I did have one other question and that is I also have severe mood swings I was told that it could be due to the low T. I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue and was it corrected with the medication to boost your testosterone?

(A little info about me) I work out regularly plus work hard at work in sun most of the time. I am active with my kids but the last several weeks Ive not been working out and not as active due to being extremely tired.

Keithg67 replied to Keithg67's response:
any help?

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 149 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.