Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
A question regarding Blood in Urine and Semen
freakedout11 posted:
So I have been having Blood in my urine after prolonged periods of sexual activity, but have been unable to ejactulate. My penis seems to get redder and redder during the act of sex, until we finally stop after awhile, and then when I urinate I pee a LOT of blood. There was a lot of clotting and almost no urine. It just happened over the last day, but I have had this happen before, and they told me it was not a big deal and to not worry about it. Now I am worried because its come back after almost a year, and its worse than the first time it happened. I was able to ejaculate before, now I cannot ejactulate.
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Freakedout,

According to WebMD articles, while blood in the semen can occur now and then and not be cause for concern, it does require a visit to the doctor just to be sure. Since you've already done and the symptom has worsened since then, it's time to return to the doctor and pursue seeing a urologist.

Let us know what they find out.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe
Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Blood in the urine needs to be seen by a urologist. Though it may be nothing, it may be important. Do not delay and do not make excuses to not see your urologist, yes even if it has gone away and all is normal. Good luck.
floridamenshealthcenter replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
For any and all information please take a look at our site and live chat with our experts.

Helpful Tips

So I have been having this trouble since i was about 15. Im 30 now. I must say this is NOT a UTI or STD. I wish I knew why it happens but I ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.