Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Urologists and Erectile Dysfunction
Sf5grabn posted:
Do ANY urologists attempt to find the individual's specific cause of ED, or do they all simply give a RX for pills, Muse, or injections? I have, for lack of a better way to describe it, "one sided ED". One side on the penis engourges while the other does not. I have enough of an erection to achiece orgasm via masturbation, but not enough for insertion. I have seen 2 urologists who told me they no longer try to find the cause, but simply treat with afore mentioned RX's! Has anyone else experienced a situation similar to this? If so, what was the outcome? There is NO physical sign of Perionnes disease, and the pills, muse, and injections improve nothing other than possibly making the engourged side slightly firmer. Any ideas or treatment you guys may know of is GREATLY appreciated! Are there any urologists in upstate SC that specialize in finding the cause rather than treating (unsuccessfully) with what I call experimenting? THANKS!!
Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Most should do a basic work up- ED as you know is a symptom of a problem and not the problem. It may be diabetes, blod pressure issues, medication caused, smoking or alcohol caused, from hormone issues, liver or thyroid problems or from vascular issues - the same blood vessel injury that cause heart attacks. I suggest a complete medical evaluation with a stress echo as a start. Your internist can do this. As far as the one sided ED that is classic for Peyronies, but yours is probably deeper down inside where you can't feel it. An anti-oxidant rich diet might be worth a try. Seek out an ED specialist.

Helpful Tips

Erectale dysfunction
To whom it may concern 6 years ago I had a vey bad colon cancer operation. Since, my sperms goes to my bladder. Also, my erections are not ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.