Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Guilt Problem
An_248040 posted:
I know this is slightly off topic, but I could really use some advice/help. I suffer from incredible guilt and feelings of depression post-masturbation. For this very reason, I try and abstain, but I am in my early thirties and single, so that is pretty much impossible after a while. When I finally do give in, it is usually multiple times in succession and that creates its own guilt because of the time I spend that could be used for other things.

To be clear, I am not religious or anything like that. I just wish I could partake in a healthy way and not feel guilty after, because I have read in like 1000 places this is a normal part of life. I usually feel guilty for a day or so after, sometimes longer.

I really hope whoever responds takes my problem seriously.

dfromspencer responded:
Why guilty? There is no reason for you to feel guilty. Masterbation IS a healthy part of living. Without that periodic release, we would be frustrated, and tense all the time. Even married couples masterbate regularly. No more guilt, OK???

Stay healthy, my friend! Dennis

RobertPatrick responded:
Don't worry and don't think so much, You don't need to have guilt problem. As masturbation is healthy and it has its own benefits. I think you should stop worrying about it. Masturbation help in improving heart beat rate, it help in burning fats, etc. There are several benefits so don't worry and there is nothing to feel bad about it.

Helpful Tips

Chiropractor
Pinched nerves. I also lost some feeling in my dick when I was sitting playing guitar and twisting my hips in my chair to see the music ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.