Skip to content
Lower sex drive, maintains erection, and sometime can't ejaculate
Papple1966 posted:
My 45 year old boyfriend says he has a lower sex drive than 5 yrs ago. Although he wakes up several time during night with a hard erection he says its not as hard as it used to be and I would say 3 out of 4 times he doesn't cum. He has the sensation of almost cumming but then loses it. He doesnt have any problems during oral sex. At first I thought it was because he used withdrawing and not cumming inside a method of birth control, but I have an iud and so that's not a problem. He takes no medication at all. Is in great shape 6 ft 3" 170 lbs. no extra fat. He does drink occasionally and smoke cigarettes. He does have some back issues from his steel factory job. He says sometimes he has pain down his butt cheek and around to his testicles ( which he swears are smaller then they were). I am worried . This has been going on for more than 4 monthes. Any suggestions?

RobertPatrick responded:
Consult doctor immediately. I think this may be some testicular problem which is obstructing the production of cum...
Consult doctor for this...

Mikes1977 responded:
Believe it or not but smoking is probably the worse thing for a mans penis. I am a healthy and physically very strong and fit guy, however, performing after smoking is what causes this reaction to me. Other causes can be that he jerks off too much so he penis has got used to his tight grip of his palms (not kidding). Last thing I can think off is just that age caught up to him. I am 35 yrs now and have jerked off at least 7-10 times a week since age 14 and had over 500 GF but never had this issues until last year. I believe it's either from jerking off too much or having partying too hard (not a smoker but I do smoke like a chimney when I drink). I hope this information was helpful to you!

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.