Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Takes a while to complet the sex act.
An_248762 posted:
I am 74 and have this extended time before orgasm problem both with masturbation, licit sex and illicit sex. And I mean over an hour. With spouse I just pretend to come.

Do not know the cause except age. I had all my bad habits even when young but not this problem...

Maybe limit sex to a weekly event would help? Have never tried this...

I notice that if a female says "no, no, no' its more of a turn on than 'yes, yes, yes' Sign of deep disturbance?

RobertPatrick responded:
I think due to your age you experience such problem. This is common with aging.

21finish responded:
Could be a function of age - actually the condition of the arteries and veins than actual age. I am now 65 and have been experiencing a combination of extended time to orgasm as well as loss of sufficient erection to maintain intercourse as you describe. And yes sometimes, I finally just say to hell with it, pretend to climax and get it over with. Sometimes we both get frustrated and continue our love session by masturbation. My wife will sometimes help me out with this and sometimes not - and my usually weak erection will require a very long time for orgasm. Very frustrating but better than giving up. I would say, discuss your frustration with your spouse and get agreement that maybe you two could add some mutual masturbation for a healthy relationship. Good luck (to both of us I suppose).

RobertPatrick replied to 21finish's response:
Well 21finish....
I agree with you discussing issue with partner would be easy way to get help. Consulting doctor or getting herbal medicines help to fix the problem. I think you should try it.

nohard replied to 21finish's response:
Hi Finished, If like you say have an erection but have trouble maintaining it, have you thought of a cock ring, I have had the same problem as a patr of ED but now in recovery, but I think it jokes us.
My ring is a harwear ice from myhardwear.com, if like me it will keep you good and hard to eleculation, and may give you some extra size, its that good.
Have you thought of trying some herbs as a help, the ones I'm on are just simple ones and they work if intrested please come back to me.
Good Luck

nohard responded:
Hi, So do you think it could be your past catching up with you, I'm 65 had ed but now in recovery, but I think it jokes us.
But things like drugs you take, alcohol abuse, stress, worry and anxiety, can all play a part in your problem, one last thing could be the old prostate playing up, so get that tested.
So at your age some DHEA may help but please read up about it first, it will boost you testosterone, lift your libido and kick up your energy levels, and could help produce extra sperm and its a hormone, Tribulus a herb runs along the same lines, but will take 8 weeks to get to full power, than cut back both to just 5 days out of 7, and the last is L-Argininerthis will help you get some extra nitrates in your body.
Hope any of this helps, you can google any of it for more info, or check them out here on site by putting them in the search box.
Good Luck

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.