Skip to content
28 GETTING MULTIPLE RANDOM AND LONG LASTING ERECTIONS...IS THIS NORMAL??
ElijahEstae posted:
Hello I am 28 GETTING MULTIPLE RANDOM AND LONG LASTING ERECTIONS...IS THIS NORMAL??

stevesmw responded:
Multiple and long lasting are normal for 28. Random, implies no physical or psychological stimulation. Unless the erections are painful, I would recommend searching the web for an explanation, if you don't get a satisfactory response here.

nohard responded:
Hi Elijah, If these are happing at embarssing times yopu will need to wear tighter under wear during the day, the problem is if your take some kind of drug to surpress them it will also effect your sex life, I think its a matter of living with them, at some point they should go away during the day.
Good Luck

doogood responded:
Elijah - you didn't mention if there was anything stimulating you when these random erections occur. Random as in middle of the workday deep in thought about some assignment or work related idea and you're erect? or random as in there's visual or physical stimulation or an exciting thought going through your mind and you're erect? I'd say the answer to your problem and level of concern depends on what may be the start of your stimulation. If there's no stimulus you might want to see a doctor just to make sure there's nothing going on that's going to cause permanent damage later on - you know the whole 'if you have an erection that lasts more than 4 hours' issue. If there's something making you hard then I'd say your a very healthy 28 y/o male! I'd also then go with the suggestion of wearing underwear that's a bit snug - boxer briefs made of a cotton spandex blend would do the trick too.

Eugenio311 responded:
Elijah,

Do a web-search on priapism. Don't know if you're taking any of the medications that can have priapism as a side-effect or if you could have sickle-cell, which are a couple of the things that can contribute to unwanted, painful erections.

Helpful Tips

Erectale dysfunction
To whom it may concern 6 years ago I had a vey bad colon cancer operation. Since, my sperms goes to my bladder. Also, my erections are not ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.