Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ED Issues At 28!!!!!!!
Anon_46056 posted:
Hello,

I am a 28 year old healthy male who is having some issues "downstairs." I think I know the cause of the issue, however, any insight would be very beneficial. During my last relationship, I had some ED issues that stemmed off of pure anxiety. I could feel the anxiety coming and felt myself going limp at the same time (which caused more anxiety). My ex GF absolutely hated me for it. She was completely unsupported and pretty much made me feel like a complete failure: Bye bye to her!

So now, I am stuck in a rut: I freak out that with my next encounter(s), I am going to go soft and pretty much be ridiculed once again. I literally get severe anxiety even thinking about that it could happen again, which is preventing me from entering into a serious relationship. Not only it is annoying, but for a man, it is very depressing. I have read so many articles online that deal with anxiety/depression and ED and they all scare me! There is this girl that I am talking to right now in which we are both interested in one another, but it scares me to think that I am going to have the same issue.

Additionally, I am very stressed out right now and get panic attacks when thinking about the future: I graduated from law school, passed the bar exam, and now, I have been unable to find a job in the last 9 months. I have a lot of debt and nothing to show for it. It makes me feel like a complete failure, which, again, causes me anxiety.

I am not dr. but from what I think about myself and symptoms, anxiety is pretty much ruining things for me. Any suggestions? Would getting a prescription for anxiety maybe help my situation? I have heard that some of these drugs can actually make ED worse. Ugghhhh....I am so frustrated right now that I could scream. I appreciate any input. Thanks everyone!

stevesmw responded:
All I feel qualified to comment on is performance anxiety. If you find a girlfriend that is willing to accept intimacy without a penis and work with you on your ED issues, you should be ok. A significant percentage of women can't orgasm through intercourse and require other stimulation. Some women think that sex is only intercourse and if you have premature ejaculation or ed issues it won't work. I had a girlfriend that wanted only intercourse and my premature ejaculation issues killed that relationship. My first long term girlfriend required other stimulation and I was able to satisfy her and eventually overcome my issues. Eventually she was able to orgasm through intercourse. I'm now dealing with ED issues and my wife only wants intercourse now, to it isn't working.

Find someone supportive and you can work through your performance anxiety issues.

Poul1986 responded:
Don't let yourself be consumed with stress. Stay positive and most importantly, never give up.. Yes, I've learned that ED is a serious issue for men and it can affect self esteem and break relationships. If you have been bothered with your sexual issues, visit your doctor and try some medications. ED can be treated as long as you keep yourself healthy, stay positive, and try out some meds best for you.. You can check out this links for more info about ED and medications... http://www.shopavanafil.com/avanafilinfo/what-is-avanafil.html#more-200

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.