Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
painful erections at night
amrts posted:
have an ongoing problem. my usual night sleeping pattern is to fall asleep for around 4 hours then get up with an erection that hurts (it feels like someone is sticking a needle in the middle of my penis). i urninate and my erection goes down. i go back to sleep and it happens again a short time later. this will go on, perhaps, 4 or 5 more times during the night. it goes like this, i dream, get an erection, have the pain, then get out of bed and pee very little, i go back to bed.
it feels like my prostate is getting sorer and sorer through these constant erections until i wake up.
my self diagnosis is that the valves that allow the blood to come into the penis must not work properly, because i end up being semi-erect all night (after my first few good hours of sleep). im probably wrong , but at this point in my condition, im desperate.

jamesmoore responded:
For all your health related problems, MIDLAND 24/7 PHARMACY, is there to provide you with the most efficient and High Quality products at relatively cheaper prices. We sale health Care products for the for the following related problems:

--- Erectile Dysfunction
--- Male Enhancement
--- Anti-Acidity
--- Anti-Allergic/Asthma
--- Anti-Depressant/Anti-Anxiety
--- Anti-Diabetic
--- Anti-Fungus
--- Anti-Herpes
--- Antibiotics
--- Blood Pressure/Cholesterol
--- Body-Building
--- Erection packs
--- Female Enhancement
--- General Health
--- Gums New!
--- Healthy Bones
--- Herbals
--- Herbals: Gums
--- Herbals: Personal Care
--- Herbals: Weight Loss
--- Hypnotherapy
--- Men's Health
--- Pain Relief
--- Patches New!
--- Pets
--- Skin Care
--- Sleeping Aid
--- Stop Smoking
--- Weight Loss
--- Women's Health

Just click to contact us and get your supply and desire product at a price you will say thank you. <<< Health For All>>> is what we stand for.

Cantsleep11 responded:
Have you found solutions or diagnosis? I've been to several doctors and they all say everything is fine. Going to gastroenterologist next as I also have some different digestive things occurring than typical. I have the symptoms you describe to the exact time frame 4 hrs then about every hour until its time to wake up. Please report back if you have any thing that has helped. Thanks!

remsleeptrouble responded:
I have same condition/symptoms as amrts and cantsleep. I haven't gotten any satisfactory treatment. I've been bounced back and forth between urologists and psychologists several times and its been rather humiliating. Recently I have at least discovered that there is an acknowledged diagnosis. Its called Sleep Related Painful Erections (SRPE). There are a number of online references and suggested treatments. Most of the work seems to have been done in Europe. Its been a relief to me at least to see that I'm not the only one with this condition. I'm embarking on another round of seeking treatment and its helpful to bring the online articles with me so the doctor doesn't look at me like I'm crazy, at least.

Helpful Tips

response
Have you discussed pregnancy ? is it possible that subconciously he might be holding back ejaculation for fear of getting you pregnant? My ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.