Skip to content
I too have lack of feeling in the penis
befuddled1965 posted:
I have had lack of feeling in the penis for 23 years now. I am a gay 47 year old male top who is looking for answers. With much difficulty I can get an erection and ejaculate, but there is no pleasure. During all of my sexual intercourse with men I have never pleased my partner nor myself. Doctors have not been helpful. I have never had back or groin injuries. I first had lack of feeling in my penis when I was beginning to realize I was gay, back in 1990, when I was still a virgin and contemplating becoming sexually active. I do believe the onset was psychological, despite the fact I masturbated several times a day. Sometimes I would hinder the ejaculation by closing off the tip of my penis. Since the affliction I have masturbated only a few times, often going years without so doing. However, I had one brief respite from my affliction when I went off of my medications in 2006. I had been taking 8mg a day of Risperidone and 20mg a day of Fluoxetine. The pleasure was back to where it had been before the onset of the affliction. However I began to worry about contracting AIDS from a prospective non-actualized sexual encounter and feelings of anxiety set in. I lost feeling in my penis and went back on the meds. It has been this way ever thus. I am searching for answers before alcohol overcomes my life. This forum has been rewarding to me in that I am not the only one struggling with this problem, so I don't feel so alone - despite the fact that I dislike that others have been so afflicted. So continue to post and tell me what is helpful and what works. I hope I have not been too much of a downer. My life is rewarding. Thanks.
ontbear responded:
go to a therapist and face the underline situtition -- your homosexual behavior
befuddled1965 replied to ontbear's response:
I have seen a psychiatrist for most of the last 23 years. That is how I got my prescriptions. By your post, ontbear, I am unsure supportive of gay people - are you. Homosexuality is not a disorder. Please clarify your position. Thanks for posting.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
112 of 152 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.