Skip to content
Help Understanding My Boyfriends ED
lookingforhelp2013 posted:
I am 31 and my boyfriend of about 6 months is 49. When we first started having sex, the first week was really good, I didn't even know he had a problem. Then things started to come out, Every week since then things seem to be getting worse. I've asked if it was just me but he says that it isn't. Now we are at the point where he claims that hes just not a touchy feely person. He wont even touch me in any intimate way. And I sometimes feel like maybe its becasue of that and the fact that he thinks I always want sex. Which I do but not more than I just want to be with him. Can his ED really be the casue of all the distance that he keeps between us and is there anything I can do to help him peform better and longer?

Take the Poll

Do you think your partners ED makes him push you away or is the cause of many of your relationship problems?
  • YES
  • NO
View Poll Results
mezbee responded:
He may be wondering if he can keep up with you, but if he is not willing to talk with you about it or resolve the issue..well in my opinion this relationship is not one that can stand the test of time. I have been with my husband for 32 years and we still have our problems but if at the get go he wouldn't talk to me about his health we wolud not be together today!! Have him write down the problem then give it to you to read., It sounds crazy but it does work. If he is not willing, in time he may talk to you but how long are you able or willing to wait? Someone once said "Can you live like this for the rest of your life" we got help!

Helpful Tips

Erectale dysfunction
To whom it may concern 6 years ago I had a vey bad colon cancer operation. Since, my sperms goes to my bladder. Also, my erections are not ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.