Skip to content
Where To Go, WTo Do
An_252142 posted:
I am 50 years of age. I have survived a series of chronic conditions over the past 12 years. Between these conditions and medication(s), I can rarely produce an erection at a moment one would normally come in the past.

To add, I am still a virgin to this day. Even when there chances for me to engage in sex, I could not due to being overly nervous or apprehensive, or suspicious. Celibacy isn't a choice I made, but a consequence of ongoing rejection and limited ability to shrug it off without going through a period of social withdrawal. So along with what I had earlier mentioned, there are several social and psychological factors that are involved.

I want to meet with a sex therapist to address every aspect of my sexual dysfunctions. However, in lies another problem. Sex therapists are just too difficult to afford when one is on disability and Medicare. If all else, do major colleges and universities have sex therapy clinics for people in my situation?

I'm desperate for a starting point because this problem has caused me to lose all self confidence in trying again to date. I'm afraid that I'll just continue to disappoint any woman who meets me, as I feel I always do.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 149 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.