Skip to content
Injection p
An_252259 posted:
IN 2006 and then 2011, i had ingurnal hernia surgeries. No impact on sexual functioning.
In 2012, I had noticed a vein in my penis that had seemed to get larger out of the blue. I also experienced some soreness in the penis and testicle area, but no ed. I laid off sex for a while. I went to a urologist who suggested that it could be prostatitis. I took medication for a month but didn't notice any difference. I probably should have taken it for a longer time.

I went to another urologist who did a penis injection in order to examine the vein. After the injection (which was lower than the normal dosage), my penis got an erection for a couple of minutes but then it immediately became flaccid. After that, it has been very difficult for me to maintain an erection during sex. My girlfriend commented that i used to be able to have sex for 60 minutes or over and now, i find it difficult to maintain an erection for longer than a couple of minutes. She and i both noticed a dramatic difference right after the injection. i visited a different urologist afterwards, but he felt that it couldn't have been the result of the injection. Is that correct? I feel as though I'm not getting a help from my urologist? Can anyone give me any insight into what is happening?

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.