Skip to content
discharge from penis after going # 2 and straining hard in the bathroom..
geosam66 posted:
Hi i had this occuring every time i am a little constpated and have to really strain hard and push when i go #2 there was a semen like discharge..but it happened maybe 1-2 every 3-4 months when the poop is really big and have to strain hard..but yesterday i really strained hard and with the discharge there was traces of blood..i have no pain ,or burning nor when i urinated afterwards i saw blood in the urine..i know the discharge is somewhat normal when large feacak matter passes and you strain,but traces of blood?? i am kinda worried ,i am 47 and just had my prostate blood test done last year and passed with flying colors..what could it be?/

An_241042 responded:
You may be suffering from an enlarged prostrate or prostatitis. I had the same issue, it was actually semen. My urologist diagnosed me with prostatitis, an inflammation/infection of the prostrate that can be very hard to treat. Do you suffer from night sweats and feel like crap? If not it is probably just an inflamed prostrate. In my case they tried oral Cipro antibiotics that did not work so I had to go to an infusion room daily for Rocephen IV and when that did not work, I had to try IV Invanz that cleared it up. He further explained the reason I was straining was because my prostrate was enlarged. When I pushed hard, I would push out ANY fluid in the bladder and that was the "bottom of the barrel" so to speak and it was mixed with semen that would "back-flow" down my penis into my bladder after sex. Now we know every person is different but you most definitely should go to the doctor immediately and let him know about the traces of blood. I don't care if you don't have pain, burning etc... YOU SHOULD SEE THE DOCTOR ANY TIME YOU HAVE BLOOD IN THE SEMEN OR IN YOUR CASE, TRACES OF BLOOD. I hope this was informative.

Helpful Tips

my husband has ed
feel ashamed but i do, my husband has ed and i try very hard to get it hard and i get so frustrated that i get upset and and roll over and ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.