Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Frustrations with ED
An_253526 posted:
I'm dating someone with ED and he's withdrawing from me because of the issue. I've read a lot about how men withdraw because they feel inadequate when they don't satisfy the woman, but I'm curious what else can cause him to withdraw? If we leave out the woman from the equation (say he's an oral sex god, and I'm super satisfied), what are the sensations/emotions that he undergoes - obviously he's not orgasming with me, so how do men feel about their own sexual satisfaction or frustration levels etc, from ED when they are being intimate.

I'm curious because I have no problem with being satisfied, yet he is withdrawing from me. He does have a very stressful life, and men use sex as stress relief...so, if he's not being sexually satisfied and we are very intimate - what goes on with him when this happens (outside of his inadequacy fear to satisfy me).

Can a man have ED only with one partner? We are just dating (not exclusively) and it seems that it only happens (consistently) with me. We do have a great connection and amazing physical chemistry even with ED, but I'm fearing he'll dump me just because of that. We can't just hang out without wanting to be intimate - so, he has started to withdraw. Any insights?

29michigander responded:
Hi,

I'm a 28 year old male with ssimilar issues that your bf is having with a girl I am currently dating. Has he ever told you why he thinks he has ED? Nervousness, performance anxiety, etc? If not, encourage him to talk to you about them. I have horrible performance anxiety and recently only oral sex keeps my erection going. The current girl I am with hasn't brought up the issue from last night (I was wasted so maybe she thinks it was because of that, which very well could be.) But I'm extremely scared to bring it up or tell her my issues. So with your question. I would see if he is interested in talking about his ED with you on an open level. It's very embarassing for men, but I think this will help you both. BTW, it's not you! It's his ED, so don't blame urself because it will make it worse. I hope this helped.

An_254365 responded:
check this link, it may help
http://fastmedremedy1.blogspot.com/2013/11/erectile-dysfunction-ed.html

Helpful Tips

response
Have you discussed pregnancy ? is it possible that subconciously he might be holding back ejaculation for fear of getting you pregnant? My ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.