Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Annoyed, frustrated, and upset!
29michigander posted:
Hello all,

I am a healthy 29 yr old male who has serious ED problems. I can maintain an erection while masterbating and do have morning erections, so I know it is not a physical problem. I am dealing with OCD (fear of of germs/contamination) and luckily weaned my way off of the SSRI's because they were horrible. (Sexual side effects were terrible). Now, with that, whenever the opportunity for sex comes up, I get extreeeeeme anxiety and that is all I worry about is performance. It's really bad. My stomach gets in knots and poof, my erection just drops, or will barely get hard.

The current girl that I am dating has no idea about my OCD. It's quite embarassing. We fooled around last night (drinking doesn't help) and I was so nervous about performance that the only time my erection lasted was when she was giving me oral sex. Once she stopped, I lost it. I think that the alcohol didn't help, but even when when I'm sober, I've had prior experiences where my performance anxiety and probably the OCD completely ruined the mood.

Any suggestions would be great. It's making my life completely miserable! Thank you all for reading this.

An_250150 responded:
talk to your doctor about trimix.

Helpful Tips

The real worry with EDExpert
Most men just want to know what can be done to bring back great erections. So often men ask whether they should take a pill , which one or ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.