Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Groin pain after sex
mossky posted:
After I have frequent sex I noticed I have groin pain on the left side. It gets worse the more I have sex (ejaculate). It only hurts if I try and move my leg in certain positions. It used to go away if I didn't have sex or masturbate for a few days. It has not gone away by doing that this time. Can you pull a groin from too much sex/ejaculating?Can stretching help?

counterso responded:
How frequent are you talking about? It sounds as though you might have the beginnings of a hernia which gets aggravated by your activities. It does not sound like a muscular issue. How about cutting back? No, stretching doesn't help. Pain is your body's method of telling you "STOP THAT, DAMMIT!" so I suggest you listen. And if you are worried, have the doctor check you for a possible hernia.

mossky responded:
It's more in my inner/upper thigh. I didn't think you could get a hernia there? Thanks

counterso responded:
Where you feel it and where it is, may not be the same. Internal pain only has one level, noisy. And because it's noisy in your nervous system, the ability to determine exactly where it's coming from is somewhat limited. Yes, a pain anywhere in the general vicinity, even your lower back, could be related to a hernia. Go get it checked.

mossky responded:
Got it checked. No hernia. My Urologist sent me to an orthopaedic. Ortho advised x-rays negative. MRI showed small tear in Rectis Femoris. I have been doing PT for one month with no improvement. Sex is less frequent 3-5 times per week. It doesn't seem to be making it worse but not getting better either. Ortho said he doesn't think it's related to frequent ejaculating but to return to my Urologist if no improvement in two months. I'm not sure what to do.

Heart2fly responded:
HI I know guys feel weird having a woman ask questions but ... After my boyfriend & I make love, he says he feels as if he feels something stabbing him up near the crease of his inner thigh & groin area...near the site of the incision... He says it starts just as he is about to come and he tries not to do any excess motions...He had a vasectomy 15 years ago and was wondering if the thread could cause this pain. I would not have even thought of a hernia but he does work for a proane company and throws between 200-600 of those barbeque tanks a day...so is that type of hernia possible? I need to know if there is something I can do to help? Thank you...

counterso responded:
Yes, what you can do to help is deny sex until he sees the urologist again. He could have a hernia, there could be scar tissue irritating him from his vasectomy, or something else could be wrong. It's not going away, and he needs to go to the urologist now. If you had this kind of pain, or if the pain were in his eye instead of his crotch, wouldn't a doctor's visit have already occurred after the first or second time?

Helpful Tips

response
Have you discussed pregnancy ? is it possible that subconciously he might be holding back ejaculation for fear of getting you pregnant? My ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.