Skip to content
swollen ring under head of penis
tigerfan916 posted:
I am 40yrs old and circumcised. I masturbate about 3 times a week. While erect 2 days ago, I noticed a swollen ring just under the head of my penis on the right side. The ring is about 1/4" from bottom of penis head and it's about 1/2" across. It doesn't hurt and is barely noticeable while flaccid but very noticeable while erect. I was going to lay off the masturbating and try a different lotion. I did notice that the new lotion I had bought was kind of thick and didnt seem like the best to use while masturbating. I have no trouble urinating at all. Should I just leave it alone and wait and see or go to doctor now? Thanks
Sheldon_Marks_MD responded:
Could be inflammation or scarring from prior injury or irritation. I agree to leave things alone for a while. If it does not go away then you need to see a urologist.
surfaddict91 responded:
Hi. Im an 18 year old in college. Im curcumcized* I am in a military school. I have only had sex once with one person who has no STD's. On friday we had some intense Physical Training. On saturday morning when i woke up, my groin was sore. I thought it was probably just because of the PT. As the day went on, the part of my penis just below the head began to swell. It doesn't really hurt at all. It got bigger as the day went on. I went to the doctor to get it checked out and he told me it was probobly a fungal infection because my lymph nodes in that area were tender and kind of swollen. He told me to put Lamisil on it. Do you know what might be wrong with it Doctor???
BlondienBrunnette responded:
Hi surfaddict, I was just going to let you know it would be easier if you post a new discussion stating your issues. Dr.Marks does not respond to questions anymore. But, one other guy has really good advice. I would definately start a new post...under your name with your information.

Helpful Tips

So I have been having this trouble since i was about 15. Im 30 now. I must say this is NOT a UTI or STD. I wish I knew why it happens but I ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Male Room - Sheldon Marks, MD

Dr. Sheldon Marks shares advice and information on men's health issues, from prostate problems to hair loss, as well as fitness and nutrition...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.