Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Strange eye issues
dasher672 posted:
Alright I have horrible eyesight and have worn glasses since I was 3 or 4 years old. I usually go every year and get my eyes checked. I've went to the same eye doctor for most of my life until recently when my insurance wouldn't cover him. My glasses are thick so I have to get the high index of course.

For the past couple of months I have had double vision I guess you could call it and trouble reading road signs. When I'm typing or playing video games sometimes my eyes will see double of what I'm looking at.

I went to a concert over this past weekend and even though I was sitting pretty far away from the big screen I couldn't read the writing on the screen. 2 years ago when I went to a new eye doctor he said the glasses I was wearing then were too strong for me. I can't get frames until July but I'm sort of worried about waiting that long.

I'm 35. Father had catatracts and my father's sister has had glacoma. I can not do the eye test where you look at the tractor and the machine blows air in your eye; my eye refuses to stay open and I start blinking rapidly. I'm not seeing spots or anything like that.

My right eye is worse and has astigmatism in that eye. I'm wearing rectangle shaped lenses if that makes any difference.
Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
It's a good time to make an appointment to see an eye doctor. It may be nothing more than getting your eyeglass prescription updated. It's very common for people to become less tolerant of excess correction in their glasses as they get close to the age of 40. You do need a full exam including dilation.

Most well trained eye doctors use a method other than air puff as their preferred method to check eye pressure.

Featuring Experts

Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

Helpful Tips

traumatic mydriasis
[br>Well , are second corneal transplantation surgery and fake iris implantation surgery performed simultaniously or separately ? ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.