Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Pain in eyes
    Tara43613 posted:
    about three weeks ago my left eye started to ich a bit and got a little red, the next day my eye was hurting it felt like someone was sticking a knife in my eye trying to pop it out the pain went from my eye to the side of my head by the temple then up into top of my head then another pain went from my eye to the temple behind the ear and down my neck. I took some tylenol, it didnt touch it so I ended up taking a percocet which worked. (I do not take those on reg basis they r my husbands) The next morning I wok up and the pain was gone but i had this floaty thing that looked like string curled up in my eye and everywhere i looked it followed. Since then my eyes, both of them feel like sand is in them and they feel poofy. They water a bit, are not red do not really itch any more then usual. I do not wear contacts or glasses, oh and by the end of the day my eyes feel like there strained they hurt. I can see fine though no blurry vision. I do not have medical insurance so I'm not sure what to do. Thank you

    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    Sounds like you have TWO new issues. You have eye irritation as well as a new floater. Either one of these issues requires a visit to your eye doctor. The irritation and the vision floater are not likely connected.

    Especially without insurance, a visit to an ophthalmologist is the most economical way to diagnose the problem(s) and assure that these do not progress to anything more serious (and more expensive)

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    blurry eyes
    sometimes I experience blurred eyesight and shaking of my lower eye. do I have astigmatism and do I need to go to an eye doctor? More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.