Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Eye pain
    An_245933 posted:
    My husband is complaining of eye pain located at the back of his eye. It is also located up in his forehead. He is diabetic. The pain started about one week ago after having his yearly eye exam. D you have any suggestions as to what is going on? What recommendations do you suggest to alleviate the pain?
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    It is very hard to know what it causing your husband's pain. The possibilities include trivial problems like eye strain as well as more serious issues like (early, pre-skin rash) shingles and sinusitis.

    Before making suggestions on pain relief I believe you need a diagnosis and the ophthalmologist that did the yearly diabetic exam is probably the best place to start.

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    blurry eyes
    sometimes I experience blurred eyesight and shaking of my lower eye. do I have astigmatism and do I need to go to an eye doctor? More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.