Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
bratcherwilson posted:
have tissue bulging out from corner of my right eye,esp.when i wake up,i sleep on that side,looks like its filled with fluid,kinda goes down as day goes on,seems to pop back out if i strain for some reason,have been to 3 diff eye docs and said not to worry about it and the other said it was a cushion from behind the eye ball that has come around the edge,it causes my eye to water all the time and people notice it and ask me about it all the time,any help would be great,its not in corner by bridge of nose its the other corner and is bulging around looks like a pink lump,what can be done about it,its really big when i first wake up,almost extends over into my blue part of my eye and vision
Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
There are a few possibilities here. Sometimes the white skin of the eyeball (conjunctiva) can become a little loose and wrinkled and will hang over the lower eyelid. This is called conjunctivochalasis. An other possibility is some of the normal fat pad from behind the eye ("cushion") coming forward and getting positioning under the white skin of the eye.

It does not sound dangerous. A good external disease specialist can make the exact diagnosis and likely can fix the issue surgically if it is annoying. Find the specialist at under "Find an Eye M.D." searching by your location and "external disease".

Featuring Experts

Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

Helpful Tips

blurry eyes
sometimes I experience blurred eyesight and shaking of my lower eye. do I have astigmatism and do I need to go to an eye doctor? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.