Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Is my pain related to an eye problem or something else?
    An_246587 posted:
    In December of 2011. I was inadvertently hit on the forehead by a swing metal gate. For a brief period of time, I experienced sharp pain radiationg on my right side of my head just above the eye. after an examination at the ophtamologist, I noticed the the vision had changed significantly in my right eye. When the new presciption was filled a month later, I was unable to wear my new glasses and thus went back to the old pair which was fine. Then last week I was working at the computer with my glasses off and sharp pains began in three different locations - all on the right side of my head. This continued intermittently for about four hours - no headache -just the pain and everywhere I felt pain, my head or scalp was painful to touch. I took two aspirins and used an ice pack until I drifted off to sleep. The next morning there was no pain unless I touched the three areas where the pain was previously. I went to a doctor that ordered a brain scan. I haven't been called with a result as of yet, so whatever it was apparently not serious. I am still feeling a dullness on the right side of my head and once again, my vision appears to be affected, although I can see (no blurriness). When I called the ophtamologist office, I was advised to go to my primary. I have no loss of balance, can think rather logically-except to know whether this is an eye problem or something else.
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    It sounds like you are investigating this properly.

    If the ophthalmology exam is normal, if the imaging of the bones and brain is normal, if there was no loss of consciousness, etc, it is very very unlikely that any permanent damage occurred as a result of the swinging gate.

    Sometimes, subtle symptoms like the ones you describe are very hard to convincingly correlate to actual findings. Luckily, almost always, things go back to the way there were before the injury.

    Keep up the communication with your ophthalmologist and primary care doctor.

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    46 yr old female diagnosed with punder my pink eye
    there is a lump on the inside of my left eyes it almost looks like a big pimple or cyst..i went to a walk in and they told me it was pink ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.