Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Tilted vision
    cmumom posted:
    Hi - my 17 year old daughter reported exactly the same thing a month ago - and then again 2 days ago.....she was looking at something, then all of a sudden her entire field of vision tilted for a couple of seconds, then came back to normal again. She was dizzy afterwards. Was seated both times, luckily not driving! No headache before or after.

    We are having an MRI done in a few days. About 11 months ago she had a concussion that the neurologist said resolved into "Migraine Syndrome" - she had daily headaches for a number of months (but not really bad ones like you think of as migraines). They are now infrequent.

    Sounds like this could be part of a "migraine aura" or something more serious like lesions on the brain, etc. Any other thoughts?

    Thanks, Joy
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    In these kinds of situations your doctors need to know whether the visual disturbance is limited to one eye or is a problem only when both eyes are open. i.e. when the problem happens, cover one eye and see if the symptom goes away. Then cover the other eye. The goal here is to determine whether the problem is a loss of "alignment" of the two eyes as well as to tell whether the visual disturbance is coming from one eye only.

    Yes, this is a symptom that is best investigated by a neurologist or neuro-ophthalmologist.

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    blurry eyes
    sometimes I experience blurred eyesight and shaking of my lower eye. do I have astigmatism and do I need to go to an eye doctor? More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.