Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Something in eye?
An_248273 posted:
I feel like there's a hair poking my eye, but cannot find anything at all or wash anything out...any suggestions?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:

It's now a few days later and I'm wondering if this issue has gone away for you or if it continues?
Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
You are experiencing what we call foreign body sensation.

It may be caused by a something in your eye such as a small flake of metal. Alternatively, dryness and a small corneal abrasion can produce the same symptom. Or you could have a stye or an misdirected eyelash or.......

If you have used some artificial tears (found over the counter in the drug store) and a day or two has passed with no relief, it's time to see an eye doctor.

Featuring Experts

Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

Helpful Tips

traumatic mydriasis
[br>Well , are second corneal transplantation surgery and fake iris implantation surgery performed simultaniously or separately ? ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.