Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
I'm Worried STD in Eye..Please Help
ViciouzBarbie posted:
if someone with std inside the mouth gets a drop of saliva inside my eye, would i get transmitted?? also, what are the symptoms or u think i should be OK? Lately my eye has been having eye ache for feels a bit burning kind does feel warmish. my eye is not red or anything. should i be ok?
i googled it and it said the symptoms for eye herpes is red eye, blurred vision, teary eye and i have none of those.
it feels kinda burning feeling but not red or anything...should be inside the eye by drop of saliva? it shouldnt be std?
Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
It doesn't sound like a herpes infection of your eye but eye discomfort which persists more than a day or two is a very good reason to visit an eye doctor.

Herpes eye infections are generally not sexually transmitted but more like fever blisters in their occurrence and recurrence. The specific herpes virus which causes most eye infections is not the same one which causes genital venereal infections.

Featuring Experts

Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

Helpful Tips

traumatic mydriasis
[br>Well , are second corneal transplantation surgery and fake iris implantation surgery performed simultaniously or separately ? ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.