Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Irritating growth on eye.
manus16 posted:
I have rapidly growing growth on my right eye that at times causes sharp pains and by the end of the day causes my vision to be blurred in that eye. My right eye is also drier and more sensitive to the sun. I feel it when I blink and it rubs against my eyelid. I had a mole that had developed a growth, removed 5 years ago and it was found not to be cancerous. This growth is in the same place.

I would like to know what this growth is and whether or not I should be worried?
Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
It is pretty obvious that you need to make a visit to the ophthalmologist. The picture makes me wonder whether there is a broken blood vessel has bled inside this "growth" which would account for very rapid enlargement and the very red appearance. It seems to cover part of the colored part of your eye (iris) which suggests a growth rather than a simple conjunctival hemorrhage.

It will take a detailed microscopic examination as well as possibly taking a tissue sample to determine the exact nature of this growth. This will tell you whether this is a benign or a more aggressive growth.

So, its time to call your ophthalmologist today.
manus16 replied to Alan M Kozarsky, MD's response:
Thanks for the reply, will definitely go see an ophthalmologist.

Featuring Experts

Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

Helpful Tips

blurry eyes
sometimes I experience blurred eyesight and shaking of my lower eye. do I have astigmatism and do I need to go to an eye doctor? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.