Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Irritating growth on eye.
    manus16 posted:
    I have rapidly growing growth on my right eye that at times causes sharp pains and by the end of the day causes my vision to be blurred in that eye. My right eye is also drier and more sensitive to the sun. I feel it when I blink and it rubs against my eyelid. I had a mole that had developed a growth, removed 5 years ago and it was found not to be cancerous. This growth is in the same place.

    I would like to know what this growth is and whether or not I should be worried?
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    It is pretty obvious that you need to make a visit to the ophthalmologist. The picture makes me wonder whether there is a broken blood vessel has bled inside this "growth" which would account for very rapid enlargement and the very red appearance. It seems to cover part of the colored part of your eye (iris) which suggests a growth rather than a simple conjunctival hemorrhage.

    It will take a detailed microscopic examination as well as possibly taking a tissue sample to determine the exact nature of this growth. This will tell you whether this is a benign or a more aggressive growth.

    So, its time to call your ophthalmologist today.
    manus16 replied to Alan M Kozarsky, MD's response:
    Thanks for the reply, will definitely go see an ophthalmologist.

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    46 yr old female diagnosed with punder my pink eye
    there is a lump on the inside of my left eyes it almost looks like a big pimple or cyst..i went to a walk in and they told me it was pink ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.