Skip to content
Dr. K: question about recurring eyelashes I have to remove or have removed
Anon_963 posted:
Due to a slight change in the structure of my eyelid (from Shingles) 7 years ago--that affected my eye but was gotten to in time, so no serious damage was done to the cornea.
I have lashes that turn under or inward and cause alot of discomfort. I have, over the years had to go into the doctor's office and have them 'plucked out' and at a cost of about $175 to have that done--with 3 or more or even one--since I see and Opthalmologist--I try very hard to do them myself. Insurance helps but I still have out of pocket on this.

I have a small magnalite flashlight, a strong magnifying mirror and I use 'tweezers' to 'pluck out the offending ones. I know I have to be careful and believe me--I am. I've had a few 'sticks' on occasion, but very few.

However, yesterday and today and this has happened before, I cannot see any lashes at all. Still, I feel like something is in my eye.

My husband used a magnifier and he couldn't either.

Sometimes it feels 'dull' and at other times like a lash sticking my eye---I'm using drops and even Lotimax drops to keep down infection (when this happens), but wonder if there is anything else I need to do, short of heading to the office again?

I hate to keep doing that. Usually only once a year do they have to do it for me. I do it about once a week--as I can see the ones beginning to turn under. I'm mid 70's, and have had cataract surgery on both eyes. I see extremely well with glasses. Thanks.

Featuring Experts

Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

Helpful Tips

traumatic mydriasis
[br>Well , are second corneal transplantation surgery and fake iris implantation surgery performed simultaniously or separately ? ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.