Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Help me for the Halos
Sunshineglow posted:
Dear Sir,
As I discussed with you earlier about my vision problem, seeing halos. And you suggested me to consult an ophthalmologist, then I got examined. The doctor gave me "Just Tears" eye drop and I used it for 5 days, 4 times a day. But no healing symptoms are appeared. It did not work at all. This makes me thinking, that nowhere my eyes can be cured. Please help me what should I do now ? I await for your valuable reply. Thank You sir.
Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
Why did your ophthalmologist think you were seeing halos? Dry eye with dry spots on your cornea? If yes, it will take many weeks for this to improve. Preservative free artificial tears and ointments, nutritional supplements (Omega-3) can be very helpful if dry eye related rough eye surface is the problem. Did your exam show cataracts? If yes, the drops will not address this problem.

The big question is what did your ophthalmologist think was the cause of your halos?
tarzan80 responded:
You probably have got "Fuchs Corneal Dystrophy". Seeing halos is a symptom of this disease. You must see a specialist who is familiar with this disease.
Alan M Kozarsky, MD replied to tarzan80's response:
Yes, this is a good point, Fuchs corneal dystrophy as well as other corneal conditions can cause glare and halos. In this regard it would be especially helpful to know the age of Sunshineglow since people don't usually have glare from this problem (or cataracts) during the first fifty years of their lives. It is also correct that not all eye doctors would recognize the early findings of Fuchs dystrophy.

Featuring Experts

Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

Helpful Tips

traumatic mydriasis
[br>Well , are second corneal transplantation surgery and fake iris implantation surgery performed simultaniously or separately ? ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.