Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    ladycarolina62 posted:
    I am having some pain in my right eye and it has inflamation going on to. What can I do to heal this problem with my right eye?
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    I am looking forward to helping you but need much more information. There are hundreds of problems which can cause eye inflammation.

    How old are you and how long has this inflammation been going on? Does the irritation feel like a gritty sensation or a deep tooth ache kind of discomfort? Is there excessive sensitivity to bright light? Is there any effect on vision? Is there any kind of discharge?

    The range of the conditions causing inflammation is huge and range from glaucoma attack (severe) to mild dry eye or a misdirected eyelash.

    My questions are designed to determine the level of severity and the urgency of needing to see an eye doctor. However, if the discomfort is significant and the problem has been there more than a day or two, then there will probably be no choice other than seeing an eye doctor to diagnose and treat the problem.

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    46 yr old female diagnosed with punder my pink eye
    there is a lump on the inside of my left eyes it almost looks like a big pimple or cyst..i went to a walk in and they told me it was pink ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.