Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Right eye blood vessel protruding on the right side
    sean123 posted:
    I have been having problems with the right corner of my right eye. I can see fine, but, my eyes is burning and seems dry. I have put eye drops inn but to no avail. I can see a blood vessel protruding from the tissue of my eye. Please advise.
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    There are a few common reasons for prominent blood vessels on the white surface of the eye. These include pterygium and pingueculum which are sunlight stimulated benign growths. There can also be inflammatory "bumps" with prominent blood vessels which occasionally need to be treated with anti-inflammatory drops.

    With that said, if the issue has not resolved its worth getting a diagnosis from an ophthalmologist. On rare occasions there are other problems that look like this but are far more serious.

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    blurry eyes
    sometimes I experience blurred eyesight and shaking of my lower eye. do I have astigmatism and do I need to go to an eye doctor? More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.