Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Pink Eye Or ?
    CS_DJ posted:
    24 y.o. male in the household had pink eye, was treated and had almost avoided anyone else catching it. I am a 19 y.o. male who then got a red itchy eye, slight clear discharge. Received antibiotic eye drops for it, Upon getting Flourosceine scan small corneal scratch was noted. Next day follow up, scratch appears to have healed when checked with slit lamp, but my eyelids and face were puffier. No fever, pain, or other symptoms. Drops every six hours for going on the fourth day and my eyelid is terribly swollen, eye is still very red, and eye is continuously crusting over. Is there any other condition which would not respond to the antibiotic drops? Worst is only in one eye, the other seems to have been kept free of any infection or irritation.
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    Two members in the same household with "pinkeye" within days of each other certainly suggests contagious (infectious) conjunctivitis. A pinkeye infection can be caused by bacteria or virus. Pinkeye caused by virus, often the same viruses which cause the common cold, is very common and unlike bacterial pinkeye, it does not respond to antibiotic drops.

    With as much irritation and inflammation as your report, it would be very smart to see an ophthalmologist to make sure you are not dealing with anything more serious.

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    blurry eyes
    sometimes I experience blurred eyesight and shaking of my lower eye. do I have astigmatism and do I need to go to an eye doctor? More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.