Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
bump on bottom right eye
niksa88 posted:
recently I had some swelling in what I thought was my tear duct on right eye. Since the swelling has gone away but now there's this little bump there and I have no idea what is causing it. I don't use eye drops, don't wear contacts or anything. I do rub my eyes a lot due to allergies. mainly to grass and wheat. I have a wheat allergy, in which I get dark circles under my eyes. but never had this problem with a bump like this.

Mainly I would like to know what would cause this? and I've flushed my eye a few times with straight warm water and doesn't help, I know it's not a stye. I've had those before but usually they are on the upper lid never the lower lid.
niksa88 responded:
oh and this bump is hard in nature. doesn't hurt but I do notice it affecting my vision a little bit, with blurriness in my right eye if I'm looking at something longer than 5 mins.
atti_editor replied to niksa88's response:
Hi niksa88,

While we cannot give medical advice or diagnosis here, you might want to look over this information on a chalazion -- a firm, usually painless, lump that grows under the skin of the upper or lower eyelid due to a blocked or infected oil gland. They usually disappear on their own after a few months without treatment, but sometimes require the attention of a medical professional. You might make an appointment with your doctor or an eye doctor to confirm if this is what you have and if any treatment is necessary (especially since you state that it is beginning to affect your vision).

Best wishes,
Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
Agree with Atti, this is likely a chalazion (stye). More information at:

As long as it is resolving with warm compresses, no worry. If any question, see an ophthalmologist.

Featuring Experts

Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

Helpful Tips

blurry eyes
sometimes I experience blurred eyesight and shaking of my lower eye. do I have astigmatism and do I need to go to an eye doctor? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.