Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Watery Eyes
    CommMajor posted:
    My eyes water all of the time! I have to keep a tissue in my pocket all the time - it's sooooo annoying. If it's NOT an eye infection and it's NOT clogged tear ducts - what else could be causing this?! Thanks so much for your time and help!
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    Overflow tearing without irritation is generally caused by a "plumbing" problem. These include your eyelids not being firmly and properly aligned with your eye, the tear duct opening being small or clogged, or the tear passageways being obstructed.

    Either you are making too much tears (irritation) or the tears are not escaping / flowing normally.

    Perhaps a visit with an oculoplastic specialist is needed. Go to and under "Find an Eye M.D." choose your location and choose "plastic" or "oculoplastic" for specialty to find the most appropriate doctor.
    CommMajor replied to Alan M Kozarsky, MD's response:
    Thanks for the tip! I didn't even know there were other types of eye doctors!

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    Tips to fight eye puffiness
    Here are tips that you may find it useful to get rid puffy eyes . Watch your alcohol intake. Becaue it can cause yes bloated if you ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.