Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    blurred vision
    cheechmom posted:
    have lightheadedness and jumbled vision for short periods if i have been at my computer or reading for an extended period. It is really frightening, but doesn't last long. I also feel discomfort in my neck. i have a 32" computer screen. Could that be bothering my eyes?
    Alan M Kozarsky, MD responded:
    Could your lightheadedness and jumbled vision be what someone else might describe as blurred vision and eye strain following extended visual effort especially at close distances? If yes, your starting point would be a visit to your eye doctor to determine whether you might benefit from a pair of glasses. For anyone approaching or passing the age of 40, this is a natural development and reading glasses will pretty much fix the issue.

    Lightheadedness and jumbled vision, particularly if dramatic and brand new, bring up more possibilities in the neurological realm. This is far less likely but if this description better fits your symptoms, you might want to start with your primary care doctor probably followed by the eye doctor.
    cheechmom replied to Alan M Kozarsky, MD's response:
    wear tri-focals but I am going to see my opthalmoligist

    Featuring Experts

    Alan Kozarsky, MD, is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country and was selected again this year by Atla...More

    Helpful Tips

    46 yr old female diagnosed with punder my pink eye
    there is a lump on the inside of my left eyes it almost looks like a big pimple or cyst..i went to a walk in and they told me it was pink ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.