Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Bipolar diagnosis
    sbjon posted:
    My 10 year old son's psychiatrist suspected biploar disorder and started him on 2mg of Abilify 3 weeks ago. He was previously diagnosed as ADHD/ODD (Opositional defiance disorder), but we thought there was something more to it and suspected it might be bipolar disorder. We have another appointment with her in a week and will get her opinion then on his diagnosis then. Until then, I just wanted to have any opinion about whether bipolar is a likely diagnosis given that after 3 weeks on 2mg of ability we have seen a total turnaround (1000% improvement) in his behavior at home and school, no more fits, no more tantrums, no more being off-task at school. Thanks for your input.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I am the mother of a diagnosed bipolar disorder with extreme ADHD 9 year old son as well as a very active almost 4 year old son. I am a stay-at-home m...More

    Helpful Tips

    Your healthcare provider is the best person to diagnose postpartum depression and to help you with finding some treatment. Mahendra ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.