Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exchanges This Week!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Dear Members, On Friday, February 26th WebMD is going to bring you the new WebMD Health Exchange! This next stage of community here at WebMD has been created to provide our members with access to MORE expert feedback on a diverse group of health and wellness topics and to offer members the chance to customize their community to better fit their own needs. On Thursday, Feb. 25, at noon our current message boards will be put into a read-only state, which means if you visit you?ll be able to read the posts, but not add new messages. The boards will remain read-only through Friday, Feb. 26, and will be completely down for a few hours as we port over the content from boards into the new Exchanges. On the evening of February 26th, The WebMD Health Exchange will open its doors to our members and the public. Any bookmarks that you have set for message boards will redirect you to your new space within The WebMD Health Exchange. If you do not have your favorite board links saved, you may want to do so before Thursday, Feb. 25. And don?t worry, if your board is being migrated, your posts from the last 12 months will be waiting for you in your new Exchanges! Most of our boards will come over to Exchanges. However, some of our boards will be closed down. We will be posting individually to all our message boards tomorrow to let you know where you will go to find your WebMD message board friends. If your board is not porting over we?ll direct you to the place that best fits your needs. Here is some information that may be helpful to you as we begin this transition: Profile Photos Members can now upload their profile photos from their Registration Profile page. You can access that page from boards by looking in the top right corner of the page and click on Manage Account. If you want your photo or image to show up on all your past posts as well as you new posts in The WebMD Health Exchange, you will want to upload your image by end of day, Wednesday, Feb. 24. Uploading your profile photo/image can also enter you in the WebMD Health Exchange Profile Photo Upload Sweepstakes. The monthly grand prize is $1000 cash! Visit the new Registration Profile page to upload your photo today! Save Your Persona! Don?t forget to save your My Persona information, as well as your list of favorite discussions, to a file on your computer. You may want to use a text file format, such as Notepad to make it easier to cut and paste your information into your new Exchange profile. This information won?t be saved by WebMD, and won?t be accessible after the new platform launches. Your Own Public or Invitation-Only Exchanges In addition to more than 100 public Exchanges - many with leading health experts - that will be available, you can also create your own Exchange. Make it public or invitation-only; national or local; open to anyone who wants to join or just for you and your family or friends. The WebMD Health Exchange has all of the features to set it apart as the place where YOUR friends, family, and others like you come for health information. So get ready to create your own space, and claim your turf! If the board you currently belong to is going away, you can build your own Exchange on that topic and invite your WebMD friends to join you there. While you?re waiting for The WebMD Health Exchange to launch, keep an eye on our community blog to get a sneak peek at what it all will look like. And once it is launched, we will be having live guided sessions on how you can use the WebMD Health Exchanges to get help and give help. Be sure to direct any questions, comments, or concerns to us at exchangemanagement@webmd.net. Yours in Health, The WebMD Community Staff

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

"Trigger "warnings - please add them to your post subject lines!
Hi Everyone! Please add a "Trigger" warning to any post starter that has a topic of self harm. Self harm is a sensitive topic and a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.