Skip to content
THANKYOU
hardtocope posted:
This is the first site that i have found that has real families in trouble. I have a 13 year old that makes my life a living hell somedays. After reading some of the other stories i now realise that i am not alone. Some of these stories made me cry. My family are all for my daughter getting the help she needs but they don't think of what it is doing to me a single mum of 4. I have three others to look after as well . People on the outside looking in don't know what it is like or just how hard it is. I now have concerns that my 6 year old might have Bipolar II
as well. Life can be a living hell around here sometimes.

momuv4girls responded:
I "hear" you !!

No one can truly understand the chaos, hard work and difficulties our life is all about.......I can't blame them though, I surely didn't know how hard life could be until my 4th daughter was born.

There is great cause for hope though, my dd has been relatively stable with a good med combo for close to a year now.
A GREAT child psychiatrist is key - - not to say there aren't still tough days, but they are fewer and "explosive" times are less intense and shorter duration.

If you haven't checked out CABF (here's the link)
http://www.bpkids.org/
I urge you to do so - - they have been my lifeline.

Take care!!
-Kathleen

hardtocope replied to momuv4girls's response:
Thanks for giving me the link for CABF. I hadn't heard of it but it has helped you i will definately check it out all the help we can get is welcomed.

Thanks
Ruth

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother of a diagnosed bipolar disorder with extreme ADHD 9 year old son as well as a very active almost 4 year old son. I am a stay-at-home m...More

Helpful Tips

A very interesting article
Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123544191 ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.