Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help we are on Abify. and she has changed or we need some other stuff
momwithtwohats posted:
My 7 year old daughter has been on the meds Lamictal for a year we took her off and but her on Ablifiy and she changed alot but there still feel like she needs something to go with the meds because she is just so rude, and disrespectful not only to me but her baby brother who is always crying because she is aggressive towards him even when he is palying by himself..what do I do? We do theraphy and see the physc and I voice myself so much it hurts and its stressfull..needs some advice.. also changed her eating habits and daily routine and she is sometimes listening and sometimes just so unfocused.

momuv4girls responded:
Hi,

I apologize for my delay in response.

It typically takes a med combo to stabilize a child - mono therapy is not enough.

Adding an additional med like Risperdal or Seroquel can be helpful, has your daughter tried either of these?

Have you read THE BIPOLAR CHILD yet? If not, I highly suggest you doing so. You will need to be armed with lots, and lots of info. so you don't go bonkers and have an idea what to do next.

Here is a link to the Bipolar Child Info. site for you to explore: (click on the newsletter link for more good reading).

http://www.bipolarchild.com/

Take care, and write back anytime (I promise to check in before too long...
((Hugs))
-Kathleen

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi momwithtwohats,

You can also look up your daughter's medications including potential side effects by clicking on the Find a Drug link at the top of this board.

Do discuss any medication problems with your child's doctor and pharmacist as they are the best people to advise you.

Take care!

- Annie

momwithtwohats replied to momuv4girls's response:
No I haven't thank you for the link...Thank you I will talk to the doctor and see if we can do that....

and aww thank you so much

momwithtwohats replied to Annie_WebMD_Staff's response:
thank you...

Spotlight: Member Stories

We have two sons we adopted at birth. One is 25 and doing ok. The other is 7 years younger. He always had a difficult time in school. We had him in a ...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload a Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.