Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Bipolar Disorder in Children and Teens - Topic Overview
    Annie_WebMD_Staff posted:
    Hi Everyone!

    Have you checked out our Bipolar Disorder Health Center ? It's a fabulous resource for you and the link at the top of this board in the announcement area.

    Here is a recent article from there that you may find helpful as a primer if you are new to this board:
    Bipolar Disorder in Children and Teens - Topic Overview

    Take care everyone!

    - Annie
    vianette1993 responded:
    Hi my brother is 9 and he has several behavior issues like sudden anger, he gets easily frustrated and it makes him so angry he starts to scream and break things usually lasting hours until he calms down. He does very well in school so he cannot get referred to a behavior specialist. do you think it could be bipolar disorder?
    momuv4girls replied to vianette1993's response:
    It is impossible to say what is going on with your brother from a brief description. A bipolar diagnosis is complicated and takes a professional (Child Psychiatrist) to do an evaluation, meet with the parents and child before a diagnosis is given.

    I would urge your Mom and Dad to talk with your brothers pediatrician, and then if there is further concern, consult a Child Psychiatrist for an evaluation.

    Take care,

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I am the mother of a diagnosed bipolar disorder with extreme ADHD 9 year old son as well as a very active almost 4 year old son. I am a stay-at-home m...More

    Helpful Tips

    Your healthcare provider is the best person to diagnose postpartum depression and to help you with finding some treatment. Mahendra ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.