Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Husband Depressed. Help please!
JJsPeach08 posted:
I think my husband is depressed. Hes not being himself. Hes not sleeping well and hes not eating much and hes withdrawn from our family. When i ask him whats wrong or if something is bothering him he either tells me nothing or he just shuts down and walks away. He also gets upset with our girls just for being kids. He even raises his voice at our 2 month old baby. I am very worried about him. I really need help with this. I don't know where else to turn.

momuv4girls responded:
Hi,

This particular board is for children, but webmd does support for adults with depression, and here is the link:

http://www.webmd.com/depression/default.htm

If I were you, I would send the children to your mom's for an hour and have a loving, calm conversation with your husband and let him know you are worried about him and think he should go see a Dr. for a work-up.
His behavior could be caused by some physical aliment or it could be a chemical issue and he needs meds. Either which way a Dr. visit is the first step.

Take care, and the best to you!
-Kathleen

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi JJsPeach08,

We have the Mental Health Communities and the Depression Community for help with your questions.

Having a new baby is stressful as the family dynamics change with the addition of children. Is your family under stress due to the economy?

We also have a Crisis Assistance link for further online help resources.

Take care!

- Annie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Five years ago it felt like the end of what I would have called a beautiful life. My marriage ended and I became a single parent of what I didn't ...More

Helpful Tips

A very interesting article
Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123544191 ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.