Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
help in middle school
christienc posted:
I would love some suggestions on how to help teachers and adm. staff in my son's middle school to better understand Bipolar. Have had a sit-down meeting, handed out information. I still get the same comments - he could behave better - he won't be still - wants to fidget all the time (I don't think they've read the material - have they?)

momuv4girls responded:
That's great you've given them material to read, but a bummer they haven't taken in to heart. Have you looked into CABF, and all the info. regarding learning they have online?

Does your son have an IEP in place?

-Kathleen

glizm responded:
I wish I had a good answer for you. My son was diagnosed @ the age of 8. He is still not on an IEP and his new middle school hasn't even followed through with the 504 he was on. I have given materials to the old school too. They just humor you and act like the know more than you do. I actually had one principal tell me it was hormones and he might mature over the summer. Yay, the lack of confidence I have in the school systems and mental health field is disturbing. If you find any good answers, please pass them along. I'm worn out from the constant struggle.

Spotlight: Member Stories

We have two sons we adopted at birth. One is 25 and doing ok. The other is 7 years younger. He always had a difficult time in school. We had him in a ...More

Helpful Tips

A very interesting article
Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123544191 ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.