Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    abusive 22 year old son w/bipolar
    frustrated4sure posted:
    Our son lives with us, is on Depakote, and under a County program for couseling/meds. We live in Florida. He has had at least 8 jobs over the past few years, none lasting more than a couple of days/months. He has no ambition for employment, is abusive to parents and will not listen to any advice for self-improvement. We cannot "throw him out" because of the obvious consequences to himself and others. He will not take meds unless supervised. We need to see him live successfully and out of our home. How do we accomplish this?
    momuv4girls responded:
    Does your son see a Dr. (psychologist), to work on coping, life skills ?

    Medications are only part of the fix, he needs support and help learning how to deal with his emotions.

    Is he on any other med besides Depakote?


    Spotlight: Member Stories

    hello, all -- i have severe loss of hearing, migraines, sleep apnea, irritable bowel syndrome, and clinical depression. the hearing loss, the migrai...More

    Helpful Tips

    A very interesting article
    Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 18 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.