Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Very difficult 7 yr old girl, mood disorder,I strongly suspect bipolar..
KellyMattsson posted:
Hi, I am brand new here, but feel so much better just reading previous posts by other frustrated parents. Thank you! I have been through hell with my daughter, and the psychiatrist seems to finally be coming around; she said she is thinking of starting her on Abilify, which is in the book I am reading about bipolar kids. She was on Zoloft for a couple years, which helped a lot at first, but became a nightmare later. She had horrible withdrawl, but is finally off of it. I am a single mom with an unsupportive ex who thinks she is just a difficult child. I am just happy to have a place to vent and talk to other parents with similar children. My daughter is demanding my attention now, but I would love to hear from any parents. Thanks so much

momuv4girls responded:
Hi Kelly,

You are SO not alone, there are a whole bunch of parents just like you and I trying to navigate through troubled waters.

I am always touting the website CABF as a great source of learning and support. I joined 4-years ago when my daughter was 7 and our family was struggling to figure out what the heck was going on with her.
Fast forward, and she is now doing pretty well, not perfect, but a whole lot better.

Good for you for researching and educating yourself on bipolar children, that will help your daughter tremendously!!!

Thats too bad your ex is not supportive, I'm sure that's a huge source of strain for you and confusing for your daughter.

When you have a second or 2, you should check out the CABF site and join a support group.........honestly, they have been my lifeline and saving grace during difficult times.

http://www.bpkids.org/

(((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))
-Kathleen

KellyMattsson replied to momuv4girls's response:
Kathleen,
Thank you so much for your message! I really appreciate it. I will definitely check out that website you suggested.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother of a diagnosed bipolar disorder with extreme ADHD 9 year old son as well as a very active almost 4 year old son. I am a stay-at-home m...More

Helpful Tips

A very interesting article
Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123544191 ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.