Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not knowing what to do, whats next??
An_242471 posted:
Hi I am new to this site. I dont normally do this but dont know what else to do. My dauhter who is now 9 has been diagnosed Adhd, mood disorder and Odd. She has tired all the Adhd meds that are out their and had side effects. They than put her on Rispadol but her pshy. she was seeing up and left the practice and she was been with out meds for months. Im on a waiting list but it seems that thru all the years nothings really helped. I see alot of depression in her and rage. Her father who isnt in her life is Bipolar. Its so hard day to day one minute she is fine and the next she says she wants to kill me. I am so stressed and have no help. Dont know what to do it seems all has been tried, hospilatiztions, therepy, TSS Family based etc!

momuv4girls responded:
Hi Mom,

First off (((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))), you sound exhausted and defeated.

I understand your frustration - raising a child with a mood disorder can be very, very difficult and drain our own mental health bank.

I can send you some resource links if you write back with your state and city. Sometimes it is not easy to find resources, depending on what part of the Country you live in. You may need to drive a bit, or seriously consider moving to an area with better accessible mental health care for your daughter.

It sounds like you both need some relief - and fast.

I'm sorry life is so tough right now. I hope you have some support of friends.

Please write back, so I can pass along some helpful information to you.

Thank you!!
-Kathleen

Anon_136178 replied to momuv4girls's response:
Good morning, I live on Hilton Head Island, SC. Shocking, isn't it? All these well to do people around here, yet, nowhere to go for help! Now, I will say, before she hit 18yrs. old, I had the upper hand, to a point! She has always been extremely violent, and all I know is, if my son was not alive, neither would I be! Year's ago, I had her in a Hospital, for The Mentally challenged, but, she managed to get herself attacked, by another patient, and they released her, due to the fact, she told them WE were going to sue them in court! Everything else, has been Dr. to Dr., med to med., then she got pregnant @ 17yrs.! It just kept gtowing & growing, until I ended up in the hospital! I absolutely appreciate your offer for help. S.Carolina is unlike any State, I have ever heard of! But, any info, may just be, WHAT I need. Thank-you so much for your very thoughtful offer & warming thoughts....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother of a diagnosed bipolar disorder with extreme ADHD 9 year old son as well as a very active almost 4 year old son. I am a stay-at-home m...More

Helpful Tips

A very interesting article
Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123544191 ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.