Skip to content
Bipolar 7yr old son, also with ADHD and RAD
newday6 posted:
I'm a divorced mom of 2 adopted sons...both with ADHD, my 7 year old also has Reactive Attachment and has been diagnosed with "mood disorders" that seems like bipolar but the doctor said he's too young to say for sure.
We had him on Geodon --20mg at first then upped to 40mg in conjunction with 30mg Vyvanse for the ADHD. He was still having rage episodes, so bad that sometimes it took 3 workers plus me to restrain him so he wouldn't hurt anybody or himself. The rage outbursts were better last year, but over the summer have exploded! So, yesterday we moved him to Abilify - 1mg to start with 20mg of Geodon, then after a week, will take the Geodon away and up the Abilify to 2mg. I've read the posts on Abilify and am terrified!
We go to a therapist, but he always seems calm and collected when we're there. I worry things won't get better, or will get worse. Thank you everybody for supporting one another! I need this.
Has anybody had luck with changing diets for their bipolar children?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 42-year old mom to 3 sons. My middle child is 19 years old and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder several years ago. He has been prescribed...More

Helpful Tips

"Trigger "warnings - please add them to your post subject lines!
Hi Everyone! Please add a "Trigger" warning to any post starter that has a topic of self harm. Self harm is a sensitive topic and a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.